Job title: Director Of Finance and Operations At The International Rescue Committee (irc)
Job description: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s most noticeably awful compassionate emergencies and assists individuals with enduring and reconstruct their lives. Established in 1933 in line with Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and extraordinary help to displaced people compelled to escape from war or catastrophe. At work today in more than 40 nations and 22 U.S. urban communities, we reestablish wellbeing, poise and desire to millions who are evacuated and attempting to persevere. The IRC drives the path from damage to home.
We are enlisting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations
Requisition ID: req17391
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: Yes
- The IRC started working in Nigeria in 2012, giving help to networks uprooted by huge scope floods. Because of heightening furnished clash in 2014, the IRC dispatched a crisis reaction in Yola and has since scaled wellbeing and nourishment, training, assurance, and WASH programming across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) states. As one of the biggest multi-area entertainers in the upper east, the IRC has solid linkages with common society associations (CSOs), state line services, and neighborhood partners to guarantee enduring additions for networks in need.
Scope of Work:
- The IRC looks for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an impending five-year, multi-million dollar USAID training movement in Nigeria. The task will prepare out-of-younger students and youth in upper east Nigeria with the central abilities expected to advance to more significant levels of instruction, preparing or potentially commitment in the workforce.
- The DCOP will be liable for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in administration of operational staff, limit assembling, and supervising the venture’s activities. S/he will organize the turn of events, execution, and announcing of operational administration exercises (for example acquirement, awards the executives, and money). The position is situated in Maiduguri, Nigeria, with duties to go all through North Eastern Nigeria and to the capital, Abuja.
- Recruitment is dependent upon fruitful honor of the venture, and choice of conclusive candidate is dependent upon USAID approval.
- Provide oversight of tasks groups, including acquirement, money, awards, coordinations, HR, security, and authoritative help staff.
- Ensure project conveyance satisfies best practice guideline operational arrangements and methodology for effect and consistence, with explicit spotlight on AIDAR conformity.
- Provide monetary and operational administration that upgrades assets through solid spending plans, steady monetary following, and ideal accommodation of reports to the donor.
- Oversee improvement, conveyance, limit building, and checking of subgrantees.
- Oversee the board of all acquisition exercises to guarantee smooth and productive execution of undertaking activities.
- Manage consortium associations from an operational setting and keep up synergistic accomplice relations to guarantee powerful conveyance of undertaking support needs.
- Support operational answering to USAID through formal and casual debriefings, yearly and semi-yearly reports, etc.
- Assist the COP in keeping up dynamic and agreeable associations with every single key partner, including government authorities, project accomplices, other carrying out offices, and related institutions.
- Represent the task and the association in people in general and guaranteeing the distribution of data about project accomplishments and exercise learned.
- Support project staff by establishing and keeping a workplace that advances collaboration, trust, shared regard, and enables staff to take responsibility.
- Minimum eight years of applicable involvement in five in an administrative job on comparable projects in non-industrial nations, including generous administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s certificate in business, training, worldwide turn of events, bookkeeping, or related field required; Master’s certificate preferred.
- Significant past experience overseeing tasks for comparable programming in struggle or emergency influenced circumstances; experience in distant tasks; insight in North East Nigeria preferred.
- Substantial experience with USAID consistence identified with obtainment, awards, and review requirements.
- Experience with projects intended to increment evenhanded access, fabricate Ministry of Education limit, and recuperation of schooling frameworks preferred.
- Ability to foster relations with nearby partners, contributors, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience increasing exercises of comparable degree and in comparative contexts.
- Demonstrated achievement joining development and participatory, adaptable, and sex delicate activities into implementation.
- Strong relational abilities, both oral and written.
- The up-and-comer should be capable in English; extra Nigerian language capacities preferred.
- Nigerian nationals firmly preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors ought to:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:01:57 GMT