Job title: Director, Country Programs
Job description: International Medical Corps is a worldwide helpful philanthropic association committed to saving lives and soothing enduring medical care preparing and alleviation and improvement programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer specialists and attendants, International Medical Corps is a private, willful, nonpolitical, nonsectarian association. Its central goal is to improve the personal satisfaction through wellbeing intercessions and related exercises that form nearby limit in regions around the world. By offering preparing and medical care to neighborhood populaces and clinical help to individuals at high danger, and with the adaptability to react quickly to crisis circumstances, International Medical Corps rehabilitates crushed medical services frameworks and takes them back to self-reliance.
There is additionally USAID/BHA and WFP Funding in Borno for Emergency WASH, Food Security, Nutrition Health and Gender Based Violence Intervention for Conflict Affected Population in Maiduguri. In Kano and Borno, the Core Group Polio Project (CGPP) is a multi-accomplice drive that facilitates NGO exercises to reinforce public and state inoculation framework to annihilate polio. IMC is a carrying out accomplice under CGPP polio annihilation project in six LGAs through the nearby accomplice in Kano and eleven LGAs in Borno. This undertaking adds to annihilating polio by expanding vaccination rates and improving intense flabby loss of motion observation in the objective populace. The undertaking is supporting MOH and LGA endeavors to fortify vaccination frameworks, building successful organization with the state authorities just as local
The essential capacity of the Country Programs Director is to help the Country Director in giving specialized oversight to all tasks and operational help to the nation field destinations to the advancement of programming. As a component of the senior authority group, the Country Programs Director likewise assumes a functioning part in giving vital initiative in the turn of events, specialized direction, execution, and assessment of projects in country. The Country Programs Director will execute the execution of nation programs by guaranteeing arrangement and specialized capable of ventures to contributor particulars, and coordination with operational help units. S/he is relied upon to give advancement programming that is proof based, lined up with public conventions, and supports the worldwide local area’s methodologies to guarantee that IMC’s job and command in the nation are proper to the programming setting. The Country Program Director will lead continuous visits to the different program locales to help the field sites.
To play out this work effectively, an individual should have the option to play out every fundamental capacity with or without sensible convenience. The undertakings recorded are illustrative of the nature and level of work allocated and are not really all-inclusive.
- Manage the projects in guaranteeing their goals and accomplishing sway are met;
- Proactively supervises all activities in country through all segments of the task the executives cycle, recognizes required regions for quality improvement and works with correspondence between specialized, Operations and funds leads in country and with worldwide International Medical Corps divisions (for example specialized units, money, coordinations and operations),
- Lead the advancement of idea notes, project proposition, financial plans, and contributor reports to extend the program arrangement of the mission
- Lead inward and outer undertaking arranging and revealing, incorporating yearly work arranging with IMC country office and field groups including sub honor partners
- Provide strategy direction, preparing and continuous direction to the Program Coordinators, Field Site Coordinators and their particular teams.
- Ensure all exercises are led in an opportune, cost and quality viable manner
- Ensure that gatherings between all Field Site Coordinators and their individual groups are hung on a customary basis
- Ensure both the field workplaces and field sub-workplaces are running productively, with successive visits to them
- Review and aid the upkeep of field site Operating Budgets
- Provide program backing and oversight to all project staff and site managers
- Ensure benefactor consistence in execution of ventures and with giver contract prerequisites/detailing deadlines
Oversee the assortment and ideal announcing of venture information and measurements for all projects (counting objective, markers and results of wellbeing programs) as per inside and benefactor requirements
Support the choice, enrollment, and preparing of program staff
Technically Supervise, situate, screen, and assess program staff of the mission in close cooperation with EPC/Head of base;
- Determine preparing needs for Program staff and work with the investment of these staff in fundamental trainings to assemble limit and increment work responsibilities
- Advocate and plan for proficient advancement for Program staff
- Guide and backing educational plan advancement and preparing program for staff and neighborhood NGO accomplices, if any
- Maintain normal correspondence with Country Director, other Senior Leadership Team individuals and Field senior staffs to guarantee program exercises and destinations are achieved
- Work with Country Director, Logistics, and Finance to guarantee the coordination of convenient conveyance of program supplies and costs are inside budget
- Maintain working relationship with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), office wellbeing counsels, and significant bunches and interface with them on an ordinary basis.
- Ensure there is dynamic coordination between divisions at the field level of operations
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- · Ensure new program recommendations stick to giver prerequisites and assumptions about MEAL, showing the nation mission’s obligation to quality, responsibility, and consistent improvement.
- · Ensure the portion of important spending plan and HR for execution of MEAL exercises across all grants.
- · Ensure the execution of MEAL exercises in accordance with givers’ necessities and IMC’s base standards.
- · Ensure formal plan, execution, preparing, and observing of local area based criticism and reaction instruments (CBFRM) to catch, screen, react to and follow up on input and grumblings from communities.
- · Ensures discoveries, exercises, input and confirmations from the past project cycles advise future program system, arranging and design.
- · Ensures accomplice level exercises/preparing relating to MEAL are resourced.
- · Ensure MEAL staff and discoveries are consolidated into program survey and arranging meetings.
- · Regularly beware of the protests taking care of to guarantee nearby rules are followed as for documentation, references, revealing pathways, and input loop.
- · Ensure viable use and execution of MEAL least principles across program management.
- · Provide specialized help to MEAL office while creating MEAL procedure for the country mission.
- · Ensure Managers at all levels know about their jobs and duties identified with CBFRM staff preparing and taking care of criticism/grievances alluded by MEAL.
- Collaborate with Security Manager and CD to guarantee staff and notoriety of the association are free from any danger at all time
- Ensures application and consistence of safety conventions and policies
- Attend coordination gatherings pertinent to country programs
- Attend area working gathering gatherings including (however not restricted to) wellbeing, nourishment, Protection, Food security and Wash
- Represent the association at any team gatherings, UN coordination gatherings, INGO coordination gatherings, as appropriate
- Ensure greatest perceivability of the association among the INGO/UN community
Perform different obligations as allocated. The obligations and duties recorded in this archive are illustrative of the nature and level of work appointed and not really all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
As relevant to this position, an individual should advance and empower a culture of consistence and morals all through the association and keep an unmistakable comprehension of International Medical Corps’ and giver consistence and morals principles and sticks to those standards.
If this is an administrative position, one should set an illustration of moral conduct through one’s own direct and oversight of crafted by others; guarantee that the individuals who report to you have adequate information and assets to observe the guidelines laid out in the Code of Conduct and Ethics; screen consistence of individuals you manage; authorize the Code of Conduct and Ethics and International Medical Corps’ arrangements, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, reliably and reasonably; support representatives who in compliance with common decency bring up issues or concerns.
It is all staff shared duty and commitment to shield and ensure populaces with whom we work, including grown-ups who might be especially powerless and youngsters. This incorporates protecting from the accompanying behavior by our staff or accomplices: sexual misuse and misuse; misuse, disregard, or maltreatment of kids, grown-ups in danger, or LGBTI people; and any type of dealing with people. Staff are additionally answerable for forestalling infringement to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. In the event that you see, hear or are made mindful of any infringement to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have a commitment to report.