Job title: Credit Risk Senior Analyst, Avp / Vp At Citibank Nigeria Limited
Job description: Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a broad reach of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash direction, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was previously known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its proper noun to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Nowadays it employs in relation to 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at Dec 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Abroad Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to make full the place of:
Job Title: Credit Risk Senior Analyst, AVP / VP
Job Req ID: 21295632
Job Category: Risk Direction
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Business Heads, as essential, on an ongoing basis on credit and physical process related issues.
- Providing preparation back up to junior analysts/RM’s.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the country’s business and risk strategy.
- Co-ordinating the annual ICAAP physical process with Finance, for the countries that have cut-over to ICAAP in the cluster.
- Timely and good lineament initial, interim and annual credit reviews which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Acting as the anchor resources in the preparation of adhoc reports as required by external seniors and other global reporting units.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including FIs, syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives; giving knowledgeable policy guidance on same.
- Conducting industry credit reviews (ICRs) and Target Market place studies
- Obtaining the required credit approvals and ensuring approvals are current
- Early job recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed activity steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by credit reviewers, Internal Audit, regulators etc)
- Maintaining client inter-face and developing industry contacts; regular credit calls on customers
- Monitoring events in the local and global environs; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
- Acting as the back-up to the Country Risk Manager in providing coverage for Nigeria & W Africa with observe to credit reviews cum approvals.
- Coordinate risk trainings of the junior analysts and human relationship managers on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge / Experience
- Master copy’s Level or Professional person qualification.
- Basic preparation in business accounting and finance
- Attendance of Basic Credit and Intermediate Credit
- Knowledge of institutional and regulatory credit policies
- Industry Knowledge
- Production Knowledge (including Cash Direction, Merchandise, Treasury & Corporate Finance)
- 15 years banking experience.
- Numerate; strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- People Direction Skills
- Good industry contacts
- Strong Industry and Markets Knowledge
- Production Knowledge , including but not limited to Cash Direction, Merchandise Finance, Treasury/Derivatives and Corporate Finance.
- Professional person accounting certification is an added reward.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative activity employer.
- Qualified applicants will have consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. Whether you are a individual with a disability and demand a fair accommodation to employment our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 02:59:18 GMT