Job title: Counseling Psychologist At The American University Of Nigeria
Job description: The American University of Nigeria was established because of the requirement for a top notch college in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s central goal is to give quality schooling to Nigeria and Africa’s future innovators to furnish them with the abilities expected to settle advancement issues on the landmass, and give them the information expected to make arrangements that will profit their local area, their nation and, eventually, the world.
We are enlisting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Counseling Psychologist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Student Affairs
Summary of Position
- The Counseling Psychologist, Student Affairs is accused of the duty of pushing and assisting understudies with accomplishing individual, social, and enthusiastic success.
- The obligations will incorporate however not restricted to singular directing, bunch treatment, conduct problems, substance misuse issues, youth, and emergency guiding as per set up strategies and methods of the American University of Nigeria.
- University-age understudies face numerous new difficulties, and the Counseling Psychologist is an indispensable help individual for understudies as they explore youthful adulthood.
- Some of these difficulties incorporate nervousness, which can identify with life and vocation choices or relationship challenges with family, new companions, flat mates, new heartfelt connections, or understanding assumptions for their professors.
- University understudies can likewise pass into sorrow over grades or other pressure identified with college life, and this can prompt self-hurt practices, medication or liquor misuse, or injury reactions.
- Some understudies foster dietary issues or feel minimized or tormented. As an advancement college, we offer the help important to assist our understudies with fostering the abilities important to deal with these new difficulties, and the advising therapist is on the cutting edge as a wellbeing net and consolation that we give a protected climate to all understudies to succeed.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Assist understudies in distinguishing issues – enthusiastic, mental, and conduct – in their lives.
- Work with understudies to analyze any current expected issues through perception, meetings, and tests.
- Provide singular arranging meetings to understudies in the space of preparation and achievement, and social/passionate turn of events, stress the board, and different nerves as per the arranged goals of the University.
- Interpret tests, understudy information and other appraisal result properly in the guiding environment.
- Provide singular advising because of understudy solicitations and understudy emergencies
- Provide finding and therapy of mental, enthusiastic, and conduct disorders.
- Advocate for equivalent admittance to projects and administrations for all students.
- Plan, execute, keep up and assess the frameworks fundamental for the help, upkeep, and improvement of the University directing program.
- Maintain an exhaustive record-keeping framework working together with the clinical record-keeping framework utilized at the University Health Center.
- Provide references to the University Health Center for cases justifying more genuine mediation, for interview with a specialist or emergency clinic care.
- Being accessible as needs be for crisis circumstances and working straightforwardly with the University Health Center to keep an open channel of communication.
- Articulate the University guiding system to understudies, and individuals from the University people group through assigned showcasing methodologies, for example, psychological wellness day programs, mindfulness crusades, workshops open to all understudies for pressure the executives and different subjects, outreach programs, and so forth – a full schedule of occasions all through the scholastic year.
- Develop and keep up abilities expected to use innovation frameworks and partake in proficient improvement activities.
- Promote an agreement and enthusiasm for assorted populaces and cultures.
- Participate in essential dynamic and exercises, which add to the compelling activity of the Student Affairs division and the University as a whole.
- Cooperate and team up with different experts in upgrading the training of students.
- Communicate with understudies, workforce, and staff, concerning the job of the University directing system in the generally speaking instructive cycle of the University.
Requirements for the position
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology from a perceived University in addition to five years experience gathered as a Counselling Psychologist. Inclination will be given to people with a solid clinical background.
- Experience of working in a scholarly climate is profoundly beneficial.
- Should have solid hierarchical, arranging, and understudy connection skills.
- Should have solid composed and oral correspondences skills.
- Should be capable in the utilization of Information and Communications Technology instruments and e-resources.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to keep a serious level of polished methodology and secrecy notwithstanding exceptionally emotive and upsetting issues with understudies and staff alike.
- Ability to foster a plan for getting work done, put forward objectives, make and execute activity plans and screen progress towards goals.
- Skill in creating and keeping up successful working relationships.
- Skill in composing/word preparing and utilization of PC/software.
- Ability to keep an undeniable degree of precision in all appraisals and evaluations.
- Assure prudent treatment of all issues.
- Perform to procure the full certainty expected of a Counseling professional.
- Work cooperatively and agreeably with others.
- Work under pressure.
Description of Benefits
Salary and advantages are equivalent with experience and occupation arrangement according to AUN pay scale.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified competitors ought to send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a solitary record in a word report or PDF organization to: utilizing the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- This position is a nearby position and is available to native as well as legitimate occupants of Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- AUN is an equivalent chance business and endeavors to give a socially assorted labor force; we don’t separate in work based on race ideology, shading, ethnicity, beginning, age, sex, religion and conjugal status. For data on AUN, visit our Web webpage at www.aun.edu.ng.
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Job date: Thu, 27 May 2021 03:09:49 GMT