Save the Children
Task title: Neighborhood Mobilization Officer – AIRCRAFT, Jigawa
Company: Conserve the Kid
Task description: JOB TITLE: Neighborhood Mobilization Officer
Neighborhood Mobilization Planner
REPORTING TO POSITION
Kaduna and Jigawa
The duties of this post might need the post holder to have routine contact with kids and youths. In the abroad context, all posts are thought about to be level 3.
As part of these duties, the post holder will support the facility of kid safeguarding systems, promote a culture of kids security, and make sure that possible damage to kids (by our staff or as a result of how we do our work) is recognized and dealt with on a continuous basis. The post holder need to report and respond to interventions as figured out by position-related duties recognized in the Kid Safeguarding Policy.
Conserve the Kid International is a ‘double required company and as such equal concern will be provided to both humanitarian and development work. Conserve the Kid will support programs in unexpected beginning and persistent emergency situations as part of a commitment to deal with kids through humanitarian interventions. This is the only method we will have the ability to make sure that a few of the essential rights that our company believe kids have, such as survival, security, and continuous access to security and education, can be ensured.
Partnership For Knowing For All In Nigeria (AIRCRAFT) – is an FCDO moneyed education project in Jigawa, Katsina and Kano, SC will be carrying out window 3 in these 3 states and will utilize evidence- based methods to make it possible for and increase community-based support for discovering for 200,000 marginalised kids, specifically ladies and kids with specials needs, through building fundamental proficiencies, promoting empowerment, enhancing security systems and supporting households to overcome demand-side barriers to efficient education opportunities.
The Neighborhood Mobilization Officer will provide technical support for the preparation, execution, tracking, and assessment of SBC/community mobilization techniques and enhancing the capability of SC partners and their frontline employees in SBC/community mobilization. S/he will make sure the usage of evidence- based, finest practices and SC’s international SBC Structure and Process to inform preparation, development of tools, and products for the SBC interventions on airplane Window 3 in assessment with the SBC Planner and SBC Manager. The post holder will likewise support SC’s efforts to address the need side barriers to education, especially for out of school kids, consisting of ladies and kids dealing with specials needs.
Under the guidance of the Neighborhood Mobilization Planner, the Neighborhood Mobilization Officer will support SC’s efforts in producing fair Collaborations with neighborhoods, regional and consortium partners that connect to the project’s SBC parts. Particularly, this work will require support to PMC, the consortium partner with whom SC has joint strategies and a teaming agreement to include SBC interventions within this project, support delivery of community-based interventions, and assistance manage relationships with regional partners.
Program Support (usually will be at field level):
Under the leadership of a Neighborhood Mobilization Planner, and dealing with other team members, the post holder will;
- Provide daily oversight and support towards execution, tracking and suppervision of neighborhood mobilization activities throughout execution LGAs and neighborhoods, in partnership with project partners, federal government and neighborhood stakeholders versus meant goals, targets, and timelines.
- Add to the performing of developmental research study, standard evaluations, and neighborhood mapping, consisting of development of assessment procedures, tools, training, data collection.
- Support the development of an evidence- notified SBC strategy, methods and activities to affect shifts in neighborhood standards, mindsets and behaviours in support of discovering by homes and neighborhoods, in close coordination with other technical team and PMC;
- Add To development of comprehensive execution strategies, work strategies and budget plans for PMC and SC-supported SBC interventions;
- Deal With PMC to develop, adjust and pretest SBCC bundles (structure, tools, messages, and products) on neighborhood support to discovering for usage by PMC and neighborhood volunteers;
- Facilitate and maintain relationship with neighborhood leaders, neighborhood members and structures such as SBMCs, WDCs and neighborhood focal individuals;
- Support recruitment of neighborhood volunteers and facilitators in assessment with neighborhood leaders and LGA partners
- Prepare needed regular reporting for social and behavior change activities.
- Undertake field sees to partners to manage execution, consisting of arrangement of on-site feedback and helpful guidance on needed enhancements, and create field see reports with prompt and suitable follow-up on action points.
- Support training of neighborhood volunteers and other appropriate neighborhood partners, and continuous capability enhancing through mentoring and helpful guidance and encourage the development of peer networks and discovering opportunities, consisting of through evaluation conferences.
- Under the guidance of the SBC Planner, SBC Manager and Field Manager, communicate and maintain relationships with PMC, SC’s communication partner, with whom the company has joint ambition/plans/teaming agreement on the SBC and communication parts for airplane;
- Guarantee that all supported SBC activities from Partners are properly prepared and provided, and report on development regular monthly.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Knowing:
- Make Sure that Conserve the Kid’s and PMC’s work is collaborated with other companies and the Federal government’s efforts and support Interagency Coordination online forums, promoting for the particular requirements of kids. This might include supporting coordination working groups within the project supported neighborhoods, LGAs and at the State level;
- In cooperation with Advocacy team, make sure community-based and social responsibility efforts are related to policy affecting;
- Add to interactions and media work as needed through correction of data and details and showing the team leads;
- In cooperation with the MEAL Team, conduct data quality evaluations and support neighborhood volunteers to successfully document and report neighborhood mobilization activities utilizing suitable tools.
- Support documents and dissemination of program outcomes, consisting of success stories and case research studies in close coordination with SCI Nigeria’s Knowledge Management team;
- Support in sharing the airplane experience and discovering at stakeholder conferences, workshops, donors and other engagements as suitable
- Abide By Conserve the Kid policies and practices worrying kid security, standard procedure, health and wellness, equal opportunities, and other appropriate policies and treatments.
Comprehending neighborhood contexts and application of neighborhood mobilisation and humanitarian concepts:
- Guarantees that program objectives and activities promote the concepts of the crucial nationwide and global humanitarian structures, codes, and dedications along with Conserve the Kid’s neighborhood mobilisation concepts and UNICEF’s Neighborhood Engagement Standards
- Incorporates responsibility to neighborhoods concepts into their approach to engaging with neighborhoods
Accomplishing outcomes successfully:
- Develops reliable engagement systems with neighborhood and institutional structures and leadership.
- Attends to tight spots and makes hard choices with confidence and calmly
- Thinks about the wider impact of choices in the brief and long term.
- Constantly supplies feedback and updates to attain enhanced outcomes
- Collaborates with stakeholders to avoid duplication and take full advantage of resources
- Files lessons found out and used them to future jobs
Keeping and establishing collective relationships:
- Actively listens to various point of views and experiences of stakeholders
- Engages with project individuals in such a way that empowers and assists in community-led/ cumulative action
- Actively takes part in LGA and Ward structure conferences to improve reliable coordination
- Demonstartes mutual understanding of regional cultures develops and keeps clear communication and discussion with project individuals, consisting of neighborhood official and casual leadership, school staff and management structures, and existing neighborhood structures.
- Develops clear goals with teams and people and screens development and efficiency
Operating securely and firmly:
- Recognizes and interacts risk and risks and reduces these for oneself and the company
- Takes procedures to do no damage and to lessen threats for partners and the neighborhoods
- Minimizes vulnerability by abiding by security and security procedures set by the company
Handling yourself in a pressured and altering environment:
- Assists team members to practice tension management through prioritization of work and modeling of suitable self-care
- Stays reliable and keeps point of view in the face of complex or requiring scenarios
- Shows personal stability by utilizing one’s position properly and relatively
- Preserves ethical and expert behavior following appropriate standard procedures
- Strategies, prioritize and carry out jobs well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for own work and the impact of own actions
- sincere, motivates openness and openness; shows greatest levels of stability
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a BSc/HND in Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Health, Education, Nutrition, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or associated fields;
- A minimum of 3 years experience carrying out SBC/Community mobilization associated interventions, tracking, guidance and training;
- Experience in preparation and carrying out participatory knowing and neighborhood action methods is an asset;
- Master fitness instructor and an excellent facilitator
- Ability to supervise and work collaboratively with neighborhood structures;
- Experienced in pre-testing and concept- screening of SBC methods and content;
- Outstanding communication abilities and a determination to be considerate, kind, delicate, and feel sorry for all recipients and their carers;
- Desire and capability to be versatile and accommodating when confronted with hard and discouraging working conditions;
- Verifiable ability at report composing;
- Prepared to live and operate in an unpredictable security environment;
- Ability to work individually along with in cooperation with a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to believe artistically and tactically;
- Skilled writing and spoken communication abilities;
- Need to have the ability to check out, compose and speak fluent English and Regional languages (Hausa);
- Ability and desire to often take a trip and remain at the field;
- Commitment to and understanding of Conserve the Kid’s objectives, worths, and concepts;
- Pertinent computer system software abilities (consisting of, at a minimum, the basic applications in MS
- Experience in performing developmental research study, concept- screening and neighborhood mapping
Ability and desire to take a trip and operate in project areas, consisting of operating in rurual neighborhoods, uncommon hours and demanding and insecure environments.
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Task date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 04:40:32 GMT
#Community #Mobilization #Officer #PLANE #Jigawa.