Job title: Communications Intern at ActionAid (AA) Nigeria
Company: ActionAid (AA) Nigeria
Job description: Abuja
Date Posted: 2021-05-27
ActionAid (AA) Nigeria – We are enlisting to fill the situation of a Communications Intern in Abuja.
- The Intern position is a chance offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for youthful alumni to procure a post NYSC experience. It is thusly both a learning and worth adding connection among assistants and AAN.
- The understudy is required to exploit the space offered for experience gathering, self-advancement, while offering quality assistance to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Communications Intern will be answerable for relegated interchanges jobs including supporting the execution of the association’s correspondences procedure, web-based media methodology, dealing with association’s focused via web-based media channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- S/he will liaise with the Communications Coordinator in offering help for the diverse topical capacities at AAN on distributions, web-based media, exposure and press relations to drive the promotion arm of AAN.
Support Campaigns and Communications exercises:
- Provide uphold and partake in crusade exercises straightforwardly took care of in the unit
- Provide uphold and take part in all between topical strategy backing and mission initiatives
- Provide uphold and take part in observing, documentation, dispersal and consolation of basic discussion, and mainstreaming of public arrangement advocacy.
- Support contextual investigation assortments identified with strategy and missions works
Social Media Community Management:
- Work on the association’s web-based media platforms
- Work with the Communications Coordinator on all AAN online activities
- Work on consistent linkages of the association’s web-based media accounts (for example Facebook, Twitter, YouTube LinkedIn and other web-based media stages), guaranteeing uniform substance and manner of speaking for points of arrival, designs, and other elements
- Monitoring and answering to correspondences on the stages under the direction of Communications Coordinator.
- Posting data, transferring photographs and recordings on the stages dailyor as is coordinated by Communications Coordinator.
- Make utilization of important instruments like TweetDeck to get ready for ends of the week and occasions; LinkedIn surveys and reviews to assemble our social mediafootprint and notoriety; and different devices like SlideShare, YouTube, Paper.Li, Scribd, Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Work with significant groups and activities’ leadsto carry out other channel-explicit missions (for example transferring photographs to Flickr, recordings to YouTube, etc)
- Perform some other alloted duties as it identifies with the Communications center and execution of AAN CommunicationsStrategy
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN staff
- External Relationships: Media, Communications Consultants/specialist organizations, CSOs, pertinent Government offices and partners
- First degree in Mass Communication or any significant field is essential
- Membership of important expert Institute
- Relevant NYSC experience and information on the web-based media stages and investigation is essential
- Knowledge of substance production; video, illustrations plan and photography experience is essential
- Experience working in Digital and Mainstream Media area is desirable
- Strong correspondence and composing skills
- Good PC abilities particularly in the utilization of distributing tools
- Multi-entrusting skills
- Excellent arranging and prioritization skills
- Content production/Photography skills
- A personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work adequately in a different group environment
- Willing to work extra hours at vital times
- Effectively advance the AAN’s central goal, qualities and objectives
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants ought to apply at the very latest second June, 2021.
Application structure ought to be sent a MS Word connection to: utilizing the work title and the area (for example Interchanges Intern – Abuja”) as the subject of the mail.
- Only electronicallysubmittedforms will be considered.
- Submitted CVs will be disregarded
- ActionAid is focused on forestalling any type of inappropriate behavior, misuse and misuse (counting kid misuse and grown-up in danger maltreatment in accordance with our Child Safeguarding strategy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; just as our zero-resilience way to deal with Safeguarding concerns.
- ActionAid offers serious terms of employment.
- Applications from ladies and up-and-comers from the North East and North West are especially encouraged
- Interview dates will be conveyed distinctly to shortlisted candidates.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 29 May 2021 04:15:06 GMT