Job title: Child Safety and Protection Lead
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job description: BACKGROUND
The International Rescue Committee’s central goal is to help individuals whose lives and vocations are broken by struggle and catastrophe to endure, recuperate, and deal with their future. Established more than 80 years prior, the IRC is a main helpful and improvement association with presence in excess of 40 nations. Across settings, the IRC is focused on conveying inventive, high-sway programs customized to the requirements of networks influenced by crisis.
The IRC started working in Nigeria in 2012, giving help to networks dislodged by enormous scope floods. In light of raising outfitted clash in 2014, the IRC dispatched a crisis reaction in Yola and has since scaled wellbeing and sustenance, schooling, insurance, and WASH programming across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) states. As one of the biggest multi-area entertainers in the upper east, the IRC has solid linkages with common society associations (CSOs), state line services, and nearby partners to guarantee enduring increases for networks in need.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IRC looks for a Child Safety and Protection Lead for an expected five-year, multi-million dollar USAID training movement in Nigeria. The task will prepare out-of-younger students and youth in upper east Nigeria with the primary abilities expected to advance to more significant levels of instruction, preparing as well as commitment in the workforce.
The Child Safety and Protection Lead will be liable for planning and conveying successful programming around school wellbeing, including kid defending and announcing, youngster assurance, responsibility, and reference pathways for kid overcomers of misuse, disregard, savagery, and abuse. The Child Safety and Protection lead will likewise be liable for the advancement of substance on friendly and enthusiastic learning (SEL) with the goal that youngsters figure out how to viably apply information, abilities, and perspectives important to comprehend and oversee feelings; define and accomplish uplifting objectives; feel and show sympathy for other people; set up and keep up good connections; settle on mindful choices; and at last improve kid and youth security results so kids effectively progress to more elevated levels of instruction. The Safety and Protection Lead position will be situated in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
Recruitment is dependent upon fruitful honor of the task, and choice of conclusive candidate is dependent upon USAID approval.
- Lead the mainstreaming of youngster defending arrangement and methodology into program exercises to advance a culture of wellbeing for kids and youth students; guarantee kids, guardians, instructors, and subsidiary training faculty know about strategy and significant announcing procedures.
- Build connections to distinguish and improve reference pathways to scratch assurance offices and applicable related specialist co-ops (e.g., WASH, cover, lawful, wellbeing, and so on) to guarantee OTL project works with protected and compelling help conveyance to kids and youngsters needing protection.
- Facilitate fortifying safe kid security reference pathways and mindfulness by working with different accomplices and partners to direct preparing on safe ID and reference of kids in danger, bringing issues to light, sharing data consistently on reference central focuses, and planning with important specialist organizations to refresh the reference administration pathway
- Develop a school danger appraisal measure with key schooling partners, including kids, parental figures, educators, school chiefs, parent councils, strict and town pioneers, and other pertinent central points.
- Develop hazard relief technique meetings for kids (particularly juvenile young ladies) with other key partners (counting kids, parental figures, instructors, and significant local area individuals) to delineate mediation choices; convey related exercises focusing on discernments and dangers of wellbeing in and around the learning climate, including those which add to guardians’ choices to not enlist or pull out their kids from school, especially young ladies, and which diminish kids’ openness to harm.
- Develop standard and implementable direction on least school and non-formal learning habitats’ wellbeing guidelines and agendas (e.g., adequate and separate latrine offices, open entrance and departure courses, crisis systems and plans, accessibility of fire dousers and water access, legitimate ventilation, adequate lighting, recognizable proof of assembly focuses, slopes for availability, and so forth), and work with training specialists and local area individuals to change lacks through reasonable, monetary, and comprehensive solutions.
- Support schools to set up early notice frameworks through continuous and dynamic commitment with instructors, school chiefs, local area pioneers, strict pioneers, parent advisory groups, parental figures, and children.
- Support the continuous commitment and observing of early notice frameworks in schools to guarantee plans are utilized, advanced, and refreshed in schools and different spaces of learning on a precise premise through an activity and checking plan.
- Work with security and schooling entertainers to recognize holes and needs regarding emergency courses of action for a family following and reunification (FTR) reaction and guarantee this is connected to the early notice framework plan; this incorporates having a crisis FTR measure set up in case of a crisis with educators, guardians, and kids on board
- Support the plan, variation, and carry out of preparing on mental medical aid, organized psychosocial support for kids in danger, IRC’s Kernels of Practice social-passionate getting the hang of preparing materials and exercises, IRC’s Healing Classrooms materials and exercises for educators, instruction entertainers, and, as proper, caregivers.
- Identify non-formal learning constructions and methodologies that consent to IRC’s people group commitment approaches and learning climate least wellbeing norms to address the expanding number of non-working homerooms, including those harmed by insurgency.
- Conduct customary visits to extend destinations to guarantee schools and non-formal learning places’ wellbeing, shielding, and assurance least principles are perceived, executed, and upheld by significant local area individuals, guardians, and schooling actors.
- Minimum seven years of applicable experience planning, carrying out, and overseeing enormous, complex ventures that work to ensure weak kids and youth
- Minimum five years of undertaking the executives experience; past experience with USAID-subsidized projects preferred
- Bachelor’s certificate in friendly work, training, worldwide turn of events, or related field is required; Master’s certificate preferred
- Experience in administering a kid insurance projects including supporting the conveyance of psychosocial exercises, crisis reaction, kid security case the board including family following and reunification, and setting up kid defending mechanisms.
- Experience in creating and executing hierarchical kid protecting strategies and methodology, including for NGO partners
- Experience creating observing, assessment, responsibility, and learning measures for shielding, ideally inside the instruction context
- Demonstrated capacity to liaise and fabricate networks with government authorities, local area pioneers, common society delegates, and, ideally, training entertainers inside the setting of security and assurance promotion.
- Demonstrated achievement fusing development and participatory, adaptable, and sexual orientation delicate programming into implementation
- Capacity to function admirably under tension, and the capacity to impart suitably and successfully diversely is critical
- Significant past experience working in struggle or emergency circumstances, ideally in West Africa or potentially Nigeria
- Availability to go all through the Northeast Nigeria region
- The up-and-comer should be conversant in English; familiarity with another Nigerian language preferred.
The IRC and IRC laborers should cling to the qualities and standards laid out in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. As per these qualities, the IRC works and implements arrangements on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la insurance des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la assurance de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de struggle, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:27:13 GMT