Job title: Chief Operating Officer
Company: The People Practice
Job description: Our customer is looking to employ a COO. The COO will be responsible for all parts of the arranging and examination including detailing of assets, monetary administration, legal revealing and, keeping up productive and powerful monetary and working frameworks and processes.
The position will likewise be answerable for supervising all groups to guarantee that they convey their targets and obligations in a convenient and proficient manner.
Reports to: Reports to the Executive Director and the Board, facilitates with Board Treasurer, inner and outside groups and stakeholders.
- Strategic Operations and Administration: Provide backing to the Executive Director in the space of forward work arranging, key monetary administration, budgetary investigation and reporting.
- Financial Management: Oversee crafted by the account work in general to guarantee consistence with administrative and funder prerequisites; productive and viable administration of the
money work; precision and unwavering quality of monetary data; and the general administration of our subsidizing and consumption. Regulate straightforwardly, Finance Manager.
- Audit, Compliance and Internal Controls: Ensure all versions, reviews and legal consistence are completed on schedule, in accordance with our guidelines and consistence prerequisites and those of the nations in which it works. Plan consistence reports for the Board and the Executive Director as required. Aid the security of the association, by guaranteeing it is lawfully protected
and by guaranteeing consistence with every single material law and strategies.
- Management Accounting: Set up and keep on improving viable administration bookkeeping frameworks and processes.
- Grants Accounting: In collaboration with the Program Managers and grantees, as required, administer prizing of awards and monetary reports for accommodation to giving agencies.
- Management of Information Technology (IT): Oversees, and guarantees viable utilization of Information Technology frameworks to help gathering pledges and authoritative cycles, including
record the board, customer (partner) connections the executives (CRM), occasion backing, and award the executives frameworks. Use Information Technology to help center business drives. Builds up and looks after spending plan/cost the executives for (IT).
- Leadership and Talent Management: Contributes to the Senior Management Team’s endeavors to advance an authoritative culture of coordinated effort, open and incessant correspondence, transformation, arrangement with a typical vision, and festivity of achievement in accomplishing explicit undertakings and more extensive hierarchical objectives.
- Human Resource Management: Work intimately with the Executive Director and Board, administer select HR exercises including: enrollment, choice and recruiting; finance and benefits;
staff backing and commitment; and backing for preparing and improvement. Assess execution by breaking down and deciphering information and measurements.
- Communication: Maintain consistent lines of correspondence, keeping the Executive Director educated regarding all basic issues.
- Stakeholder Management: Supports the Executive Director in connecting with partners and infrequently addressing AfriLabs at accomplice gatherings and arrangements, partner and speaking
commitment, and so forth
- Management: Works with the Executive Director to configuration, plan and carry out association methodologies, plans and methodology. Direct day by day activities of the association and various
divisions (Programs, Finance, Operations, Member Services, Events, Communications, and so forth) Helps the Executive Director in gathering pledges exercises, sets up strategies that advance our
vision and goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor certificate from a perceived college in money, bookkeeping, business organization or other quantitative control applicable to the position. Experts degree or MBA will be an added
advantage. * At least 5 – 7 years of the board and group authority in a non-benefit or improvement association.
- Experience working in the African advancement, innovation and business space.
- Proficiency in both English and French will be an additional advantage.
Specialist Knowledge/Expertise to be Maintained at work: * Strong working information on monetary, bookkeeping, income, contributor, award planning and speculation the executives.
- Strong working information on review, solidified monetary announcing and compliance.
- Knowledge of International government award cycles, strategies and examining requirements.
- Understanding of lawful language in a wide range of business agreements and hazard assessment.
- An comprehension of the non-benefit/improvement area, including giver relations and management.
- Continuous information in procedure and program arranging with the demonstrated capacity to create and direct program plans, cycles and controls to upgrade efficiencies and alleviate risk.
- Excellent authoritative skills.
- Excellent relational and relational abilities, verbal, composed and fit for listening.
- Strong administrative and initiative abilities with the capacity to oversee and foster high-performing teams.
- Ability to focus on responsibility and capacity adequately inside and outside the workplace in a diverse, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work constrained to finish different errands, fulfill needs and cutoff times with a positive, useful attitude.
- Ability to deal with delicate and classified matters and react as required.
- Demonstrate demonstrated capacity in hierarchical turn of events, data innovation, business change, gathering pledges, property the board, task and resource management.
- Working information on modernized administration data systems.
- Adept with data interchanges innovation (ICT) ordinarily utilized in office applications, with cutting edge information on Google Drive and Microsoft Office items, knowledge of important bookkeeping programming desirable.
- Highly numerate with a capacity to make, oversee, decipher, and present monetary examination, anticipating and asset management.
*Travel will be normal occasionally.
- Competitive Salary
- Leave provisions
- Pension and wellbeing benefits.
Expected salary: 1000000 – 1500000 every year
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 22:20:31 GMT