Job title: Call for Experts – USAID/Opportunities to Learn Proposal
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job description: The IRC started working in Nigeria in 2012, giving help to networks uprooted by enormous scope floods. Because of raising outfitted struggle in 2014, the IRC dispatched a crisis reaction in Yola and has since scaled wellbeing and nourishment, training, security, and WASH programming across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) states. As one of the biggest multi-area entertainers in the upper east, the IRC has solid linkages with common society associations (CSOs), state line services, and nearby partners to guarantee enduring increases for networks in need.
The International Rescue Committee is searching for vital pioneers, specialized subject matter experts, and task supervisors to chip away at the expected USAID-supported Opportunity to Learn (OtL) project in Nigeria, a five-year, multi-million dollar schooling opportunity with an expected beginning date in late 2021. The task will zero in on admittance to instruction by preparing out-of-younger students and youth in upper east Nigeria with the primary abilities expected to advance to more elevated levels of schooling, preparing, as well as commitment in the workforce.
OtL will be conveyed by an undertaking explicit administration structure working intimately with the IRC Nigeria country program groups and worldwide specialized consultants. The IRC is looking for contender to fill the accompanying jobs in the venture explicit authority structure, subject to grant and endorsement by USAID:
- Deputy Chief of Party – Technical
- Deputy Chief of Party – Operations
- Grants and Compliance Manager
- Partnerships Manager
- Access to Basic Education; Technical and Vocational Education; Safeguarding and Protection; Systems and Policy Change; and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Leads
These are senior positions which require remarkable initiative, vital reasoning, and hierarchical, group building, and illustrative abilities to guarantee kids and youth in Nigeria approach quality formal and non-formal schooling openings that permit them to flourish. They will be liable for the specialized and administrative oversight of the venture, and are visualized to be full-time situated in Abuja, Nigeria. Travel to the spaces of execution might be expected, subject to COVID-19 and security situations.
1. Duties regarding Management Leadership Roles (Deputy Chief of Party – Operations; Grants and Compliance Manager; and Partnerships Manager) include:
- Overseeing, supporting, and tutoring tasks staff working in a complex working environment.
- Oversight of everyday undertaking exercises, project funds, activities, staffing, awards the board and consistence, work arranging, announcing, and generally speaking operational delivery.
- Facilitating nation level organizations, limit reinforcing, and information sharing by setting public accomplices at the focal point of venture design.
- Representing the venture with in-country partners, including Government of Nigeria central focuses, neighborhood specialists, and other key actors.
2. Obligations regarding Technical Leadership Roles (Deputy Chief of Party – Technical and Thematic Leads) include:
- Overseeing, supporting, and coaching Access to Basic Education, Technical and Vocational Education, Safeguarding and Protection, Systems and Policy Change, and MEAL groups to accomplish project goals.
- Leading the turn of events and execution of the venture’s general methodology in every one of its segments and topical regions as a team with accomplices and advisors.
- Leading or supporting the advancement of MEAL plans and approaches
- Ensuring linkages between important public entertainers in proof age and spread, and driving upgrades to execution dependent on exercises learned and best practices.
- A solid history of driving the plan, the board, or specialized conveyance (as significant for the situation) of enormous or potentially complex USAID-financed projects, including USAID’s present plan and execution draws near and arising priorities.
- Extensive experience working in West Africa is required; Nigeria is preferred.
- Strong abilities in consortium-based administration and execution with global and public foundations and improvement agencies.
- Specific specialized information on instruction programming, as per favored job, including formal and non-formal training, setting explicit boundaries to access and maintenance, improving social-passionate abilities and prosperity of youngsters and youth, specialized and professional schooling, sex delicate programming, and schooling in crisis settings will be essential.
- Ability to perform at a senior administration level, with an emphasis on versatile management.
- Fluency in English required; capability likewise in pertinent Northeast Nigeria dialects preferred.
- Qualified applicants from Nigeria or the West Africa locale are preferred.
- To apply kindly present your CV and an introductory letter determining the position you are applying for and how your abilities and experience make you an appropriate possibility for the role.
- Please note that the extent of the work is undeniable level and characteristic just at this stage, and subsequently might be liable to change once the Scope of Work for the proposition is delivered. Enrollment of these positions is dependent upon fruitful honor of the undertaking to the IRC.
- The IRC and IRC laborers should hold fast to the qualities and standards laid out in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are uprightness, administration, and responsibility. As per these qualities, the IRC works and authorizes arrangements on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Wed, 26 May 2021 22:59:18 GMT