Job title: Basketball Coach (male and Female) At The American University Of Nigeria
Job description: The American University of Nigeria was established because of the requirement for a-list college in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s central goal is to give quality training to Nigeria and Africa’s future innovators to furnish them with the abilities expected to address advancement issues on the mainland, and give them the information expected to make arrangements that will profit their local area, their nation and, at last, the world.
We are enrolling to fill the position of:
Job Title: Basketball Coach (Male and Female)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports to: Athletics Director
Summary of Description
- The Basketball Coach will be answerable for arranging, instructing, and enlisting for Basketball activities.
- S/he will likewise oversee and coordinate the Basketball program.
- S/he will enlist b-ball players, choose player positions, control player’s exhibition, and educate players on legitimate technique.
- The mentor will be responsible for setting tryouts, choosing a group, and setting play and practice plans. The mentor will likewise fill in as a tutor to players and help cultivate teamwork.
- S/he will mentor both female and male students.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Assist in keeping up high scholarly guidelines for all understudy athletes.
- Work helpfully with other athletic mentors to work an even athletic program.
- Foster among the members and onlookers an enthusiasm for the upsides of games, a craving to win, a mentality of good sportsmanship, and a feeling of pride in self.
- Direct the preparation, molding, and execution of the AUN b-ball team.
- Act as a good impact upon the conduct of individuals from his/her athletic staff and teams.
- Be present and actually direct the group at all AUN challenges and be available at however many challenges as possible.
- Responsible for the oversight of his/her competitors at invitational meets or post-season competitions.
- Recommend the sort and measure of hardware and supplies expected to lead the games program.
- Provide for the stock and care of equipment.
- Advise the administrator on the state of athletic offices and requirements for their readiness and maintenance.
- Ensure that arrangements of all players qualified for athletic challenges are arranged and maintained.
- Removal of competitors from the team(s) when preparing or qualification guidelines have not been met.
- Ensure that all competitors have gone through and passed clinical assessments before the standard practice season starts or competitions.
- Organize a framework for urging understudies to go for his/her group and to create and select gear manager(s), scorekeepers, analysts, ball sprinters, and so forth for all teams.
- Collect and keep on document records, insights, news things, and photos for the athletic groups under his/her supervision.
- Observe sub varsity practices and games.
- Perform different obligations as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- At least ND or B.Sc liked with two year(s) working experience as a b-ball mentor in a trustworthy Institution.
- Must have the option to perform proactive tasks, for example, yet not restricted to, twisting, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must have the option to work securely in an environment.
- Routinely needed to work under various climate conditions.
- Effective English – verbal and composed communication.
- Strong information on b-ball abilities and procedures.
- Ability to function as a group player.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Knowledge of standards and techniques for educational plan and preparing configuration, educating and guidance for people and gatherings, and the estimation of preparing effects.
- Ability to comprehend and keep up the privacy of understudy and any remaining data and records of a private nature.
- Ability to administer and prepare others.
- Ability to stretch the significance of the complete understudy competitor experience on the AUN campus.
- Excellent relational, correspondence, initiative, and persuasive skills.
- Available to pull all nighters and ends of the week as indicated by the fluctuating necessities of all segments of the position.
- Available for broad travel for games and understudy competitor recruitment.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and advantages are equivalent with experience and occupation order according to AUN pay scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should:
Submit their Resumes, Cover letters and References on a solitary document in a word archive or PDF organization to: . The position being applied for ought to be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- This position is a neighborhood one open to native as well as lawful occupants of Nigeria and expatriates.
- AUN is an equivalent chance boss and endeavors to give a socially assorted labor force; we don’t segregate in work based on race ideology, shading, identity, beginning, age, sex, religion, and conjugal status.
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Job date: Thu, 27 May 2021 00:27:19 GMT