Job title: Accountant Job at Damien Foundation (DFB)
Company: Damien Foundation (DFB)
Job description: Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is an altruistic Non-Governmental Medical Organization associated with Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control exercises in Nigeria since mid 90s. The establishment is extremely mainstream with her accomplishment in spearheading Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She started the MDR – TB treatment as a team with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment achievement rate
In more than 25 years of activity in Nigeria, the establishment has affected existences of a few Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive medical procedures, free prostheses, versatile facilities, social reintegration and social backings to the two PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a populace of more than 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondo states) with specialized and monetary backings on the off chance that recognition and the board in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The primary character of Damien Foundation is the nature of administrations, which are conveyed in close association with the local area and the Government.
We are selecting qualified possibility to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Organizational Unit: Finance
Contract Term: Full-time Position, 6-Months Fixed term contract (reestablishment dependent on performance).
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-benefit philanthropic clinical association partnered with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is helping the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the duty of carrying out Active TB case discovering program across the 20 L.G.A’s in the State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in the readiness of spending plan and income for program execution and set up the spending following examination, deciding difference analysis.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the planning of vouchers, checks and receipts.
- Ensure consistence with inside control measures, adherence to contributor monetary guidelines and that all costs are inside endorsed project financial plan lines.
- Provide quality control checks guaranteeing that all legitimate monetary exchanges are gone into the bookkeeping systems.
- Prepare exact, customary and opportune monetary reports for accommodation to the PR and the giver, utilizing the workplace QuickBooks bookkeeping software.
- Review the retirements of advances of staff for Training, Travels and so on the monetary reports to guarantee that monetary reports; are convenient with substantial documentation.
- Follow up with all remarkable advances to staff and extend accomplices, to guarantee ideal and appropriate retirements.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in dealing with all task resources and stock things, guaranteeing palatable degree of responsibility and inward control at all times.
- Provide support for review measures both inner and outer for the projects.
- Maintain working relationship with banks to guarantee ideal banking transactions.
- Work intimately with program group, Global Fund Fiduciary specialist and backing other staff including coaching for viable activity of DFB and venture activities.
- Maintain relationship with outside inspectors, providers, banks etc.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the arrangement of precise, ordinary and ideal monetary reports for the association and for benefactor, utilizing the workplace QuickBooks bookkeeping programming. These incorporate month to month exchanges reports, use reports, General Ledger, Trial equilibrium, staff and experts advance status reports, and sub-beneficiaries advance status reports. Guaranteeing that the story reports, supporting the monetary is drawn up.
- Prepares month to month bank compromise statements.
- Support in readiness of the Bi-yearly and Annual Financial reports and other legal reports.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the Preparation of the Budget following investigation, deciding the difference analysis.
- Support in the arrangement of essential review plans including Trial balance, asset reports, subtleties of resources and liabilities for the direct of the yearly reviews and aid circle back to the removal of review perceptions and recommendations.
- Support in the Preparation the yearly financial plan for Damien Foundation and the Grant.
- Support HR unit to Prepare project staff regularly scheduled finance (compensation and advantages) and fundamental committed derivations (benefits, personal assessment, etc).
- Ensure that PAYE/PENSION are deducted and convenient transmitted to applicable agencies.
- Ensure that the program working advances (staff, experts, and so on) are controlled and cleared with resigned with satisfactory documentations and vouchers.
- Liaise with Internal Audit Unit in executing and keeping up sufficient bookkeeping and inner control systems.
- Support in guaranteeing that protection/confirmation approaches on Assets and Staff separately are paid as and when due.
- Any other work as might be doled out by DFB Country Representative or/and other suitable officers.
- Applicants should have a University Degree/HND in Accounting or Finance or in any of the related field.
- 3-5 years chipping away at TB projects.
- ICAN/Master in Accounting and Finance will be an additional advantage.
- Experience in Finance/Audit and working involvement in Global Fund projects or some other giver subsidized projects is desirable.
- Competency in the utilization of Accounting Software: QuickBooks (Preferably), SAGE, Navision etc
- Applicant’s experience should mirror the information, abilities and capacities recorded above.
- Self-inspired and favorable to active
- Strong time the executives skills
- Able to oversee and focus on workload
- Strong relational abilities, both composed and verbal
- Strong group player.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be reached.
Job date: Sat, 22 May 2021 03:01:38 GMT