HOW TO LINK YOUR BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN)
With the growing number of incidences of traditional security systems (password and PIN) being compromised, there is a considerable demand for more secure access to sensitive or personal data in the banking system.
The BVN provides each bank customer in Nigeria with a unique identity that can be used for easy identification and verification at the point of banking.
Biometrics is the identification of a person based on physiological characteristics such as fingerprints, voice, and facial traits. The Central Bank of Nigeria, in partnership with all Nigerian banks, created a centralized biometric identification system called Bank Verification Number to address existing difficulties with identity management (BVN)
Fill an enrolment Form in-branch or online
Submit ‘Self’ for Biometrics at your bank designated branch
Receive Ticket ID
BVN will be sent to customer via SMS
You can now link your Bank Verification Number details from another Nigerian bank to another. To link your Bank Verification Number details to your account, you can make use of any of ATMs nationwide, Internet Banking platform or visit the BVN linking portal on your banks website to complete your request.
BVN Linking Process via Internet Banking:
- Log on to Internet Banking
- Select BVN Linker from the left-hand panel
- Click on New Request
- From the drop down menu, insert your Bank Verification Number
- Select the Nigerian Bank where your BVN was Issued
- Answer your Secret Question and continue
BVN Linking Process via ATMs:
- Insert ATM Card of the account you want to link your BVN to
- Select BVN Link on the transaction menu screen
- Enter your 11-Digit BVN
- Confirm your BVN details
- Submit your BVN
BVN Linking Process via SMS
Provided below are BVN linking USSD code for some banks in Nigeria.
GTB- To link your BVN via 737 BVN linker, simply dial *737*20*BVN
ZENITH BANK- simply dial *966*BVN to link your zenith bank account.
FIRST BANK- dial *894*BVN# to link your account.
UBA- dial *919*6# to link your BVN
FIDELITY BANK- dial *770*02# to link
FCMB- dial *565*0# to link your bvn to your account.
Note: you can only carry out this process of USSD code with the phone number that is linked to that particular account.
- Your BVN gives you a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (it is not peculiar to one Bank)
- Your Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
- Its reduces fraudulent activities on bank account
- Gives easy access to Banking operations
- Your BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks