Career student, graduate and skills men’s and women who are preparing for assessment, interview or quiz need to have a basic knowledge and information about the historical antecedent and fact surrounding the past and presence happening in Nigeria and her surrounding.
There are 34 basic information you need to know about Nigeria, Africa and the world.
SOME NIGERIA FACTS AND FINDINGS
-The first aeroplane landed in Kano, Nigeria in 1925
-The last British Governor – General of Nigeria was Dr Jame Robertson (1958-1960)
– The first female vice-chancellor in Nigeria is professor Grace Allele William
– The first Eclipse of the Sun occurred in Nigeria in 1947
– The first Nigeria Inspector – General of Police was Mr Louis Edet
– The first woman senator in Nigeria was Mrs Wuraola Esan
– The man who introduce polo to Nigeria was sir Alhaji Usman Nagogo in 1921
– Nigeria changed to metric System, Naira and Kobo on 1st January 1973
– Nigeria major export product is petroleum
– West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) was set up in 1952.
SOME AFRICA FACT AND FINDINGS
– Capetown stand between table mountain and table bay
– The south Africa town of Kimberly is noted for diamond mining.
– Africa is the generic of all Bantu race of African, Afrikaner is a person born in South Africa of white parent.
– Tunisia was part of the continent first known as Africa
– The source of BLUE NILE River is Lake Tana in Ethiopia.
SOME NATURAL FACT AND FINDINGS
- Mercury is the planet closest to the sun
- Hydrogen is the lightest gas
- Sydney is the largest port of Australia
- Austria is the world’s largest producer of wool
- Tea is the chief product of Ceylon
- October 24th is United Nation Day
- Barometer measure the pressure of Air
- The brightest star is sirus; it is sometimes called dog star.
- MAN is the longest – lived mammal
- Ostrich is the largest birds in the world.
GENERAL HISTORICAL FACT AND FINDINGS
– The first European to sail round the cape of Good hope is Barthlomeo Diaz.
– Bloemfontein and Entebbe are Capital of Orange free state and Uganda
– Carthage is the ruin of which ancient Phoenician city can be seen near Tunis
– Sudan is the country that has dura or millet as a staple food
– The fellahin are the peasant/workers on the land
– Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia
– On 14th, May 1948 was state of Israel proclaimed
– The assassination of king feisal II of iraqi was the event that resulted in IRAQ becoming a republic in 1958.
– The league of Nation first meet in Geneza
– Cominorm is the communist Information Bureaus.
SAMPLE ASSESSMENT, QUIZ AND INTERVIEW QUESTION AND ANSWER
– Who was the first European to sail round the cape of Good hope ANS: Bartholomeo Diaz
– The ruin of which ancient Phoenician city can be seen near Tunis ANS: Carthage
– Who is fellahin in Egypt ANS: The peasant
– What is the official language of Ethiopia. ANS: Amharic
– When was the state of Israel proclaimed. ANS: 14th May 1948
……..and so on………